Here a ChappyWrap, we're all about blankets. That's all we talk about and all we do. Many people have the same question. How do I choose the best blanket? This question is close to the one that Monica Shelton Reusch and Beth LaSala had when ChappyWrap was first started.
What are the qualities that make the perfect blanket? We'll take you through our checklist so you can see the qualities that we hold in the highest regard.
1) Cotton Blend - Our distinct cotton blend of natural fibers in our blankets. We chose a combination of natural cotton fibers to make our blankets. Currently, the blend is 58% cotton 35% acrylic 7% polyester. This ensures that you get a soft finish that will never pill, fuzz or shed over time. Quality cotton blends deliver a smooth finish and lasting durability.
2) The Weaving Process - Our blankets are jacquard woven - Jacquard weaving makes our blankets reversible and extremely durable. The craftsmanship behind each product is unbeatable. When you're picking out a blanket, make sure you choose one with a quality weaving process because it affects the integrity of the whole blanket and the length of its life. Well made quality blankets, like ChappyWraps, should last a lifetime.
3) Are They Reversible - All of our blankets are reversible due to the complex jacquard weaving process. It really becomes impressive when you take a look at complex designs like our Polar Bear Blanket. It also means that often times you have choices between two color patterns.
4) Great Design - Other than warmth, designs are one of the primary reasons of what we look for in blankets. We have lots of blankets that stand out. Our Sailboat Blankets and our Anchor Blankets are customer favorites because of their bright and charming designs. We have many customers that love our beige blankets and plaid blankets, simply because they fit in with every decor. So, whether you want a polka dot blanket or a beige blanket - the choice is yours!
5) Machine Washable & Dryable - Making sure your blanket is machine washable and dryable is important to the lifespan of the blanket. Blankets are used for so many occasions. From watching your favorite sports team outside on a chilly fall day. Or curling up on the couch eating popcorn and watching your favorite movie. Both of these activities can get your favorite blanket dirty and if your blanket is not machine washable or pills and sheds after it comes out of the wash, there's a higher likelihood that you'll care for your blanket improperly because it's difficult and this can shorten the lifespan of your blanket or throw.
6) Do They Pill, Fuzz or Shed - It shouldn't be normal for blankets to shed, pill or fuzz after being washed and dried. Every time your blanket sheds the integrity of the fiber is damaged and the blanket often dulls in appearance. We encourage shoppers to look for a blanket that is completely resistant or to pilling.
7) Size - Who doesn't love to wrap up in an oversized blanket with a friend or loved one. The size of a blanket is important, simply for how usable it's going to be over the life of the blanket. Functionality is always first when looking for a household item like a couch throw or bed blanket. If the blanket is large or oversized, then it can always double as a bed topper.
8) Durability Over Time - This is really a combination of a lot of other qualities. Does the blanket hold up after washing/ Does it pill or shed? Are the edges of the throw blanket well stitched to prevent unraveling or damage to the blanket?
9) Breathability - Blankets are all about keeping you warm on chilly evenings and brisk days. The best quality about cotton blankets and cotton blend blankets is that they're breathable. ChappyWrap blankets allow for airflow throughthe blanket. This means that a cotton fiber blanket should deliver refreshing breathability along with warmth and softness.
10) Overall Softness - Who doesn't love a soft blanket that's plush to the touch. Softness is the most important factor in our list of top ten things to look at when you're blanket shopping.
Wrapping up in your favorite winter blanket is one of the best parts after a chilly day outdoors. Our plush blankets offer comfortable warmth and refreshing breathability, making them the perfect blanket. Check out our Top Ten Winter Designs - both customer favorites and new additions by ChapyWrap.
ChappyWrap wants everyone to embrace the memories made with their favorite blanket and throw, like our Pines and Needles Winter Holiday Blanket The winter months and the holidays are spent wrapped in your favorite blanket, like curling around a warm fireplace or sipping hot coffee on a brisk winter morning. Our blankets and throws offer comfortable warmth and refreshing breathability that will last as long as your memories do.
Our Holiday Throw Blankets make the perfect Christmas gift for a friend or loved one. Have you ever wondered how to decorate with holiday blankets and throws? It's easy! ChappyWrap Holiday Blankets are beautifully designed and feature holiday symbols that are subtle and will enrich any room in your home and match your other holiday decor.